If you know someone who is struggling to get food on the table, the VIC can help. We know that hunger can affect one's health and each year, we help over 2,000 Veteran families and families in the Community with USDA approved food boxes.

To be eligible for a monthly food box you must reside in the 87123 zip code area or be a Veteran, Surviving Spouse of a Veteran, or National Guard / Reserves.

13032 Central Ave SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
Phone: 505-296-0800
Food is distributed once a month per household

Mondays: 10:00 am-2:00 pm (Veterans, widows/widowers of Veterans, National Guard/Reserves, and Community members who reside in the 87123 zip code)

Fridays: 10:00 am-2:00 pm (Veterans, widows/widowers of Veterans, National Guard/Reserves only)

Telephone Number: 505-296-0800

Note: The VIC observes the following Holidays: New Year's Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day

The Food Pantry may close early or be closed on days not specified due to Staff Training or weather related. We strive to publicize our closings far in advance as possible through our Social Media channels and signage throughout the Food Pantry.

Community: Current lease or utility bill with address in the 87123 zip code and State Identification card

Veterans: VA Card or DD214 and State Identification card

Widows/ Widowers of Veterans: Veteran's DD214 and state identification

National Guard / Reserves: CAC Identification or DD214

You can pre-register to use the VIC's Food Pantry using the Client enrollment portal at the Roadrunner Food Bank website under the Client Registration - Link2Feed tab. If you are unable to physically register at the VIC Food Pantry, you can pre-register and designate someone to pick up on your behalf with their ID number or name. Registration is really easy.

Commodity Food boxes contain products from the USDA, and may contain different items depending on what is available at the Roadrunner Food Bank.

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.